Saturday, April 12, 2008

Today, Tonight, Tomorrow, Too Phat

Not being emo or what but I think loneliness has been my only friend.. I don't mean it literally but it only happens while at home.. Recently, my dad's been based in KL, thus, I won't see him much.. Mum? I do get to see her but seeing that she's staying at my aunt's place, I get to see her occasionally.. Somehow, this reminds me of a song: Too Phat - You.. The lyrics are very meaningful and I'm gonna show it to you guys but I'll be altering it a bit to suit myself.. This is dedicated to my family.. Mum, please come back..

(Chorus)
You are my sunshine, You are my rainbow
After the rain has gone, After the rain has gone (x2)

I'm always telling my mum and pops not to worry too much
They always tellin' me to slow down and not to party too much
Sometimes I'd be like hey, now why ya'll folks buggin'?
I'm still studyin' I ain't slangin' or thuggin'
At first I didn't understand thought I was man enough
Frontin' like I'm too tough to be sharing love
Used to take 'em for granted, including my two-oo brothers
Treat my house like a hotel and ignoring my mother
But now I realised that I can't live without 'em
Take away my money, obsession for my own possession
But can't never take away my love for my blood (whut)
My big brother Eddie workin' to save his butt
Imran wanna shuffle and draw at the same time
And you wanna be a rockstar too? Hey, you doin' fine
Keep ya head up all the time ya know I'm feelin' for you
And always keep it real whatever ya'll do... one love

(Chorus)

I spread love to all my peeps that help me make it happen
Ain't talkin' 'bout the fools I knew who steady laughin'
I'm talkin' 'bout the folks from back then when I was wack
Friends and fam that kept me steady laugh when I was steady slackin'
Y'all usta call me a different name, and yo I'm still the same
Ain't nothing changed, I'm still the mofo who's crapping lame
I got y'all free tickets to concerts, y'all never asked for it

But still y'all pay and sit in back rows and see me get damned for it
Mum and dad y'all still seein' those photobooks

Don't see you daily but trust me daily I think of you
I know I promised to be a lawyer in a court suin'

I'm sorry now but thanks for bein' proud of what I'm doin'
It's impossible to spit love in 16 bars

So imma cut this short just to let you know who you are
Mum and dad, two bros and fam, just know I love you

Wish y'all were here so I could just breakdown while I hug u, ONE.

Wish I could show you the vid but it's unavailable.. I'll try to find it but in the meantime, here's another vid of them, actually not a vid, it's just black screen but the song is called If I Die Tonight.. Yep, that's Tupac Shakur's song title.. But who cares? It's still music..

Too Phat - If I Die Tonight



This post is dedicated to people who are having problems with relationships/friendships with anyone or everyone or who has lost a loved one.. One Love..

Listens: Too Phat feat. Yasin - Alhamdulilah